Thursday, June 29, 2017

Far away in love

Thousand miles away
Locked in a heart
I write you a letter
From the lost war,
In our quest of desires
We left the only thing
We ever had with us,
Our moments together
Of laughter and sorrow
Our fights over the coloured sky
And, our giggles that lasted until we cried.

658 days and counting more
Not even one day went 
Without remembering you,
The scented candle in our room
Is replaced by white lilies now
To always remind me of our last time
Of the empty bed and the tinted blinds,
The books are kept off the shelf
Near the side lamp that we used
After a long day of suits.

The rain still pour slowly on our doorway
On the muddy roads and leaded windows,
I still drink wine at night sometimes
The other glass is kept on my side,
It’s the hugs that I miss the most
The kiss that I feel a lot
A remembrance of our days together
Everything is kept with me
Beneath this happy face
Maybe, I smile a lot.

The time has changed
And left me misplaced,
Can you come back?
Like, you never left
The distance is not what I hate
The constant struggle is a difficult phase
No rubbing shoulders, nothing to touch
The space I got
Feels a little too much,
Come back and feel my smile
Once again, I want to feel alive.

Thousand miles away
Have you changed?
Your images are blurred
And you whisper a lot,
Come back, you fool
It’s the hour of love
I still wait in the same porch
Looking at you
The way you looked before.


1 comment: